Ads Top

The actor says she was very comfortable in theswimwear

Aditi Rao Hydari has flaunted a bikini and kissed on
screen too. While she is proud of her bikini scene in
Boss , she says female actors, if seen smooching
repeatedly, could end up acquiring a reputation in the
minds of the conservative Indian audiences.
Would she have desisted from doing multiple
smooches with Arunodoy Singh in Yeh Saali Zindagi
and the bikini sequence in Boss if she had a choice?
“I am very proud of my bikini sequence in Boss. I
think I have the physique to carry off the swimwear.
No one can force me to wear what I don’t want to. I
wore a bikini in Boss because I was comfortable in
that scene. If I am not convinced, then no power on
earth can convince me,” she said.
As for Yeh Saali Zindagi , Aditi feels things went out of
hand.
“About the kisses, I’ll have to admit we went
overboard. I realised only later that the image is very
important for the Hindi film heroine. It doesn’t matter
how many times a male actor kisses on screen. If a
female actor is seen smooching repeatedly, she
acquires a reputation. Ours is a very conservative
audience and film industry,” she noted.
“Here, smoking, drinking and wearing short dresses
are equivalents of being liberated. For me, these
external trappings of emancipation are secondary. To
me, freedom means the freedom to say yes or no as I
want.”
The actor says she was very comfortable in theswimwear The actor says she was very comfortable in theswimwear Reviewed by TeknoBee on 9:07 AM Rating: 5

No comments